Embracing the Future: New Century Technology High School 2024

Photo of author

By David2m

Overview New Century Technology High School New Century Technology High School

New Century Technology High School (NCTHS) is a shining example of innovation and education in the center of Huntsville, Alabama. This organization is more than simply a school; it’s a center for learning and technology that helps to develop the next wave of leaders, innovators, and thinkers.

Summary Technology High School of the New Century

There are 477 students enrolled in grades 9 through 12 at New Century Technology High School.
For the 2020–21 academic year, New Century Technology High School scored in the top 10% of all Alabaman schools overall (top 10% in maths and top 20% in reading).

For the 2020–21 school year, 45–49% of pupils achieved math competence, which is higher than the state average of 24% in Alabama. For the 2020–21 school year, the percentage of pupils attaining competence in reading and language arts is 60–64 percent, which is higher than the state average of 46% in Alabama.
The 17:1 student-to-teacher ratio is the same as the state average for Alabama.
Minority students make up about 56% of the total enrollment.

A Distinctive Learning Environment

For students who are enthusiastic about STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), NCTHS provides a distinctive educational experience. The school immerses students in advanced academics and industry experiences through its specialized strands in biological science, computer science, and engineering.

Science of Biomedicine

NCTHS’s biological strand is evidence of the school’s dedication to experiential education. Through collaborations with esteemed organizations like HudsonAlpha and Huntsville Hospital, students use cutting-edge lab equipment, practice biotechnology and healthcare, and acquire statistical literacy.

Computer Science

The goal of NCTHS’s computer science department is to get pupils ready for the technological world. The curriculum, which emphasizes cybersecurity and advanced-level courses, is created to offer outstanding preparation through cooperative business collaborations and internships.


The engineering department introduces students to a range of technical specialties while fostering employability skills through project-based learning that adheres to cutting-edge market trends.

Outside of the Classroom

NCTHS is about creating a community as much as it is about academics. The school encourages students’ interest and sense of global awareness by holding events like international culinary festivals and information sessions on celestial events.

Getting Ready for the Future

Course requests for the next academic year are currently being processed by NCTHS, which guarantees that students are ready for their next challenges. In addition to the demanding academic program, the school offers students opportunities for practical experience that prepares them for success.

In summary

New Century Technology High School serves as a springboard for future employment in addition to being a place of education. In addition to receiving an education there, students are motivated to lead, explore, and create in a world that is always changing.


What distinguishes NCTHS from other high schools? With curriculum-specific strands of study and practical industrial exposure, NCTHS is the only STEM magnet high school in Huntsville.

How do students apply to NCTHS? During the application season, students may apply online. They will submit a writing sample as part of the application process and should have an 80% grade average in their core coursework.

What extracurricular activities does NCTHS offer? A well-rounded educational experience is provided by the range of extracurricular activities that NCTHS offers, such as JROTC, international cuisine festivals, and solar eclipse preparation.

How does NCTHS help students get ready for professions and college? NCTHS prepares students for postsecondary education and professions in STEM sectors through advanced courses, internships, and relationships with industry leaders.

More about New Century Technology High School – GreatSchools

Leave a Comment